Thursday, November 4, 2010

Charcoal

Yay! :D I've actually finished my charcoal masterpiece! I'm so happy with it. It turned out great. I'll hopefully maybe get the piece back before the end of the semester. I wan't to show everyone how great it turned out. My teacher was impressed by my variety of scale and contrast of the objects in the artwork. The main focal point of my artwork was a wooden bead with a letter L that I made darker than everything else to make it stand out. The object was placed in the rule of thirds which draws the eye. My teacher also taught us about how making triangle shapes in artwork makes it more intriguing and makes the composition more interesting. Thank you for reading and I hope to put the picture of my charcoal drawing up very soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment