Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beauty of The Land

Today in History class, we watched a movie about Lewis and Clark, and their expedition across the new America. It's a documentary, not entirely a film, with many pictures and small clips. In the background the narrator described how immaculate the land that Lewis and Clark had seen, they beauty of the land. They described how much of a paradise it was, with the new wild life and never-ending hills through the horizon. I made my imagination go wild. I thought of what I would see if I were them, just pure magnificence. It got into my head of how I could paint or draw one of those scenes of endless hills and exotic wildlife. It may be difficult but it sure would come out amazing. I'm thinking of starting a sketch of a scene and using colored pencil to make it come to life. When the movie showed some pictures of what they could have seen, I was stunned at the beauty, it just overtook me. I want to make a masterpiece somewhat representing that if I were an explorer for another country and I was hired to go explore unknown territory that no one has discovered before, what would see and find. Thank you for reading :) If you have any picture submissions for this, or suggestions, or maybe tell me what you would picture, I'd love to hear it. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment